Alcohol Detox - Just the Beginning of Alcohol Treatment
Alcohol detox is only the first step towards recovery from alcoholism. In an alcohol detox program, all that has been accomplished is the elimination of alcohol from the body, the management of alcohol withdrawal symptoms and the development of a foundation for your future recovery. The real work must follow and comes in resolving the core issues surrounding why you continue to drink, despite all of the negative consequences. Research shows, that people who only attend alcohol detox, instead of also following through with an alcohol rehab program, will most likely end up in relapse.
Break the Cycle of Addiction at a Newbedford Rehab Facility
If your drinking has spiraled out of control, it's time to stop living in denial and get some help. The consequences of being an alcoholic are too grave to ignore. It can destroy your health and devastate your personal life. People who suffer from alcoholism are more likely to be unemployed, poverty stricken and divorced. The kind of damage excessive alcohol consumption does to the liver and heart can't be reversed. If you continue on this dangerous path, your next stop might be to the nearest graveyard.
If you aren't sure you have a drinking problem, here are some telltale signs.
- you lie to friends and family to hide your drinking
- your loved ones are concerned about how much you drink
- the only way you can unwind or feel better is with a drink
- you regularly drink more than intended
- you don't remember what you did when you were drinking
- you repeatedly neglect home and work responsibilities
- you feel ashamed about your drinking
- you want to stop drinking but you can't
The immediate objectives of an alcohol treatment program are to relieve the symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal and treat any medical or psychiatric conditions present. Once these objectives have been accomplished, the alcohol detox team helps prepare you for your next level of treatment which may include: a residential alcohol rehab program, outpatient alcohol treatment program or attendance at alcoholic's anonymous meetings.
We will make sure that you are prepared for life after you complete rehab. We know you can succeed with the valuable knowledge and skills that we will give you. Don't let another minute pass you by, it could mean your life.
Newbedford alcohol and drug rehab is here to help; all it takes is one phone call.
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility